The name in itself is a mystery but the outcome of it will have you feeling refreshed. The word “Satori” may be an unusual word to many of you, as it was to me also. But after further research and google searches for clarification I can confidently tell you, the word still makes no sense…
But in all seriousness, the word Satori is not found in the English dictionary. It is derived from a Japanese Buddhist term for awakening or “sudden enlightenment.” So it’s a fancy word for an epiphany, but how does it happen? You may think to yourself, why should I care about Satori? Well, first let’s understand that it is a whole experience, not just a single moment, and it may open up a greater opportunity for you.
How Does It Happen?
Satori can happen spontaneously and often happens from within you. Quoted from the Britannica Encyclopedia, “Satori can occur from a sudden noise after a period of concentration preparation and may occur spontaneously as a result of a chance incident.” But the key concept I want us to focus on is personal experiences.
For Satori to be achieved, you have to go through personal experiences. How many times have you gone through something and wanted to change but didn’t have the answers? Or you wanted to try something new but past experiences discouraged you from doing that such thing? This isn’t to bring you down or make you feel a certain way, it is to raise awareness of the word Satori and the message we want it to carry.
We are aiming for people to have a Satori experience, a feeling that they may have never felt before. We want to help build your character up. Personal experiences can break us or make us stronger, but our end goal is for you to be confident in yourself and draw out your true nature from within.
Why Should I Get Involved?
We don’t want fear to hinder you or past experiences to hold you down for the rest of your life. But we don’t have all the answers. There is no recipe or step-by-step process to success that works the same for all of us. Sure, I can share an experience I had that may help some of you, but just one won’t cut it. We need all of your willing voices. This is how we can raise awareness. Here is where you can help make the difference in someone’s life other than yours. Hear me out.
With Satori coming from personal experiences, we want you to share some personal encounters with us. The goal is not to search for only feel-good stories. We are pursuing stories that are real and authentic. Specifically, if you have gone through something that you didn’t enjoy or wanted to change something in your life for the better. We desire for you to share that experience here. It can be daunting and challenging to handle things on your own all the time. But what if someone else has a suggestion that can help you with your future? You seeing or listening to that one tip could start a chain reaction of things for the better.
Or possibly, it won’t do anything for anyone (wow, mood killer). Again, your tips might not work for everyone. But at least you were committed and tried to help someone else. At least you tried to offer steps to how a person can advance or develop their skills that they may not have already. And that’s what we wish to achieve. Satori isn’t just a brand. The word represents the movement we are creating. It symbolizes how we desire to focus on different experiences and provide suggestive steps of how another can improve. When you join Satori, you are part of something bigger than yourself. You are part of a family that wants to see the best version of you.
How To Help
A suggestion doesn’t hurt. You see it and you take it at your discretion. But imagine a place where you can see hundreds, thousands of suggestions that can support just one of us. We need your support, input, and stories. If you are comfortable sharing your “Satori” experience with us please email email@example.com. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page for further instructions. This can go as far as we choose to take it, so let’s do it together. Thanks for reading, share with a friend, and answer the question below!
Have you had a Satori moment before? If so, what was it and how did you feel about it?
Satori Apparel values teamwork, support, and communication. We will continue to use this platform to inspire and dedicate our time for you to “be enlightened.” Please look at the instructions below to see how you can help!
- Via email, and if you are comfortable with sharing with others, please share a story with us that has happened to you that you feel caused a Satori experience. You have the option for your name to remain anonymous as we understand that some of us don’t want to share certain information. Some examples include overcoming a past addiction, overcoming anxiety or stress, or fitness advice for greater healthy living.
- Explain in the email how you were able to overpower the past with steps that you took or lessons that you learned along the way. Some examples include going on a social media cleanse, taking on a wellness program, or adding more personal self-care to your routine. Be as detailed as possible if you can, so that when we share your story, it is with the utmost accuracy.
- Subscribe to the email lists for firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to stay updated with all the news. The stories shared with us will be posted on the blog here in a format that others can see and take on the suggestions given. You may also give your personal social media handles to us as a reference for yourself.
- If you enjoyed this article, check out some of the others posted on the website-you may find one that interests you.
- Thank you for taking the time to read this and we hope to hear from you soon!
Satori | Zen Buddhism
Satori, in Zen Buddhism of Japan, the inner, intuitive experience of Enlightenment; Satori is said to be unexplainable…
Originally published at http://timelessthoughts.ca on June 3, 2020.